I am writing this blog post 2 hours before I turn 29 years old. I’m currently in Florida on vacation so technically if I was in London I would already be 29. In 29 years I have moved from Galway to London, travelled (solo) to some incredible places, progressed exceptionally well in my professional accountancy career and grown my blog to more than I could have ever imagined. I have also experienced more than my fair share of heartbreak and tough experiences. On the plus I am currently working on one of my biggest projects to date. Something which I cannot wait to share with you here on BecBoop very soon! I am pretty happy with my 29 years on a whole. Here are 29 things I’ve learned along the way.
29 Things I’ve Learned in 29 Years
In no particular order…
- Your family will always be your best friends.
- Work hard and opportunities will present themselves when you least expect it.
- It’s ok not to listen to your teachers. They may not always know you as well as you know yourself. For instance, when they tell you that you shouldn’t do accountancy – yeah, enough said.
- Making time to be creative as often as possible should be a high priority.
- Travelling alone is good for you and will gift you life-changing experiences.
- Embracing technology and innovation is so important! (And fun).
- Being active on social media is not a bad thing. In fact it will benefit you professionally and personally.
- Letting go is very hard (read – may feel like the end of the world) but eventually you will be ok.
- There is no love and friendship better than that which you have with your dog.
- Surround yourself by friends who allow you to be yourself and laugh as much as possible!
- Shopping is good for the soul.
- Pushing yourself to your limits will allow you to be the most productive version of you.
- Sleep as much or as little as you feel you need.
- Crying is absolutely ok. In fact it shows how emotional and passionate you are.
- You are never too old to go away on a family vacation.
- Set yourself goals and dream higher than you ever believe you will achieve.
- You don’t have to get on with every person you meet.
- You are unique and special. Don’t ever change your personality.
- You can never have enough makeup.
- You don’t need to be defined by having a boyfriend/partner.
- Say yes to opportunities even if they scare you.
- Bullies will become nobodies.
- Sharing some positivity every day can help make the world a happier place.
- Don’t try to do everything. Be selective but once you have set your mind on something be as determined and persistent as you possibly can be.
- You will be perfect for someone one day, don’t chase it.
- Worrying is your weakness. Let it go. Be brave!
- If there is something you are not happy with about your body or appearance then do whatever you can to fix it so that it does not limit your self-development.
- Loving yourself is difficult but when you do, don’t ever let anyone put doubt in your mind.
- Wear clothes that you feel comfortable in. This will help you to exude confidence.
- (Bonus) Fearless is the best word.
I would love to hear from you in the comments below. Tell me some of the most important life lessons you have learned.
Connect with Bec Boop