Today is World Rhino Day! To mark the occasion charity Save the Rhino have teamed up with Barry M Cosmetics to launch the campaign – #Nailit4Rhinos. I was so interested to learn about this campaign and in today’s post I’m letting you know how to get involved and show your support. It’s fun and for such an important cause!
Why Nail it for Rhinos?
Did you know there’s a surprising connection between humans and rhinos. Rhino horns are made of keratin; the same protein product found in human nails. I find it heartbreaking that there are just 29,000 rhinos left in the world. This has fallen from 500,000 at the beginning of the 20th century and the primary reason for such a drastic loss is humans! Rhino poaching!
Save the Rhino are encouraging you to show your support by getting involved. Customise your own nails and spread the word with #Nailit4Rhinos on social media. This is just a small way we can help save an endangered species.
To get started Save the Rhinos sent me along a customisation kit with Barry M Gelly Nail Paint (shade grey chai), emery board and the cutest rhino transfers. I’ll be customising my nails this month and sharing the photo on my Instagram (@Bec_Boop). Barry M Cosmetics are also sharing tips and tricks over on their social media this month for any budding nail customisers looking for inspiration.
- Customise your nails either using Barry M’s grey Chai polish or your own – get creative!
- Upload a nail selfie on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram with the hashtag #Nailit4Rhinos or send it Save the Rhino at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you’re in the UK you can donate £3 to help save rhinos by texting NAIL15 £3 to 70070. Or you can make a donation online www.savetherhino.org/donate
- Share your photo with friends and nominate five people to do the same
- Visit www.savetherhino.org to learn more and see if your nail selfie has been featured on the website as one of the best!
Have you nailed it 4 rhinos yet, drop the link to your customised nails down below. I’d love to hear from you in the comments.
Connect with Bec Boop