Lauren attended the Malibu Island Spiced Launch party just last week in NYC (May 7th). Lauren was recently announced as the face of Malibu Island Spiced Rum and this was her first hosting gig with the brand. Looking at this outfit initially I thought it was a dress however it is actually a top and skirt from Lauren’s own clothing line Papercrown. She teamed this outfit with nude ankle strap sandals which are so on trend at the moment. Check out my ankle strap sandal wishlist from last month. Her signature California curls are swept to the side in an effortless look with bright pink lipstick and black nail varnish completing the look. This look is pretty easy to follow and still looks chic and on-trend. I have put together some items you can use to recreate the look below.
1. The first item is a double slit maxi skirt. There are so many maxi skirts available on the high street at the moment in different colours and styles. This one is from Charlotte Russe and can be bought here. The lightweight fabric and elastic waistband make it an easy wear.
2. Lauren vamped up her look with black nail polish and this one is available from OPI Nail Lacquer in ‘Black Onyx’. I love black nail polish on shorter nails. You might be afraid to try this colour for fear of verging too far on the goth style however I think it looks very much on trend when worn correctly.
3. A simple black blouse tucked into the maxi skirt finishes this effortless outfit. Blouses of this style are widely available in stores now and this one is from New Look and can be purchased here. Lauren wore her blouse buttoned up to the top for that extra fashionista touch. I think a cute statement necklace worn with this would add a hint of glamour.
4. Nude ankle strap sandals are a great addition to your wardrobe this season as they can be worn with the vast majority of outfits and styles. The black version of these sandals featured in my April Wishlist and I think they look fab. They can be bought from New Look here.
5. Finish off this look with a slick of hot pink lipstick for that fun party feel. This lipstick is from MAC Cosmetics in ‘Candy Yum Yum’ and can be purchased from here.
What do you think of this look?
Get the Look: Lauren Conrad May 2013
I was a huge fan of Laguna Beach and The Hills and I always thought Lauren Conrad had such unique and classy style. I coveted everything in her wardrobe. She has made a name for herself outside of Reality TV in recent years now a best selling author and fashion designer. Here is a look at a cool outfit Lauren Conrad wore recently and some tips on how to recreate the look. Lauren Conrad might be a contender for Fashionista of the Month May! Do you agree?